What is an SEO strategy and what is the best SEO strategy for 2022 and beyond? How to craft one and how to know which things will help you increase organic ranking? Read on to find out everything about SEO marketing strategy.
What is SEO Strategy
Like any strategy, SEO strategy is a direction or a top-level approach for your SEO. It should determine the priorities, goals, and ways to achieve them. A solid SEO strategy document should introduce the overall SEO strategy which will determine what measures will be taken to increase ranking, both for onsite and offsite SEO.
SEO strategy can be used by the company to understand the planned SEO project, as implemented by their SEO consultants. It should be aligned with the overall marketing (or digital marketing) strategy. If the company has experienced team of SEO specialists, they could even run the implementation project themselves. In our experience, this is very rare though and even large enterprises prefer to have an SEO strategy company implement the strategy.
SEO Strategy Components
Such a document should contain these main components:
- Status Quo – what is the current situation in relation to organic rankings, how do we stand and what has been done in the past
- KPIs – what are the current rankings and other KPIs, including domain rating characteristics, backlink profile quality etc.
- Content Strategy – what content should be worked on and in what form, including the strategy for landing pages and blog posts
- Backlink Profile – how to improve the current link profile, the overall domain rating and the rating of specific URLs, ranking of which should be improved
We are strong advocates of a hands-on approach, showing the customer what exactly we would do, including examples and suggesting content for a new sample landing page.
SEO Strategy Features
A good SEO strategy should be sustainable, achievable, with long-term benefits for the business. We’ll outline some of its main parameters, with a brief explanation:
- Sustainable – this is the main thing we promote as good SEO will keep working for you long-term. If you are offered immediate results and top rankings for many keywords, always be suspicious and ask how these will be achieved. Good SEO will not ‘exploit’ the flaws in the current ranking algorithm, it will consistently build value by doing the right things – creating useful content for your prospective customers and promoting it in ways that will always be perceived as legitimate by Google (and the other search engines), not just now.
- Creating value – it’s not just about reusing the same content on a number of geo landing pages and having them rank. SEO Strategy and project should be creating real value for website visitors, offering them unique knowledge and tools. The knowledge that is specific to you and is local; tools that they can use in their current situation.
- Performance – being sustainable does not mean that you won’t reach results. It’s quite the opposite – your SEO Strategy needs to be working for you and be goal orientated. Set KPIs and monitor them to make sure that you will end up improving your ranking and SEO performance.
In the following chapter, we’ll show you some insights on how an SEO strategy has been crafted and successfully implemented by a Melbourne based small business – a moving company.
Case Study – Melbourne Removalists
Before starting work on SEO approx. 1.5 years ago, the company was paying a lot for PPC (Google Ads) and had almost no organic traffic. For Rusty, the business owner, it was not sustainable, the Cost Per Conversion was too high and it was not feasible for them. They could grow in volume but were struggling to create profit.
In less than a year, they were able to significantly lower their Google Ads spendings and start relying on organic traffic and enquiries. Their growth in organic traffic is more than 500 per cent and the number of organic enquiries has also skyrocketed to more than 450 per cent. Have a look at some of the key advice that has come out of this project and relates to SEO strategy and its implementation.
Advice to Marketers
- Successful SEO needs persistence and focusing on creating value for the users. We’ve created dozens of useful and thoroughly SEO optimised advice articles for prospective clients
- Sustainable SEO leads to better long-term results and value – we achieved this growth without any aggressive backlinking strategy
- Addressing ‘hot’ topics and covering them better than your competitors brings enormous value – see the spike in traffic when Melbourne went to lockdown and people starting searching how the rules for house moving changes and whether their move is affected – that’s when we ranked no. 1 with our articles focusing on COVID-19 rules and impacts on the removal industry and the traffic jumped on in thousands of per cent overnight
- Developing tools that people want and are looking for can bring great value – for example, the Free Moving Cost Calculator we created (and optimised for search)
- Search results depend on the location very much and thus, developing optimised geo targeted landing pages is the key to ranking in specific regions, in our cases Melbourne suburbs – see an example of such as page
- With a clever set of Call to Actions you can maximise the conversions. In the case of Easy Peasy Removals, you can see that the organic conversion rate is very high, receiving 195 enquiries from 2,001 organic sessions, which is almost 10%. We are using Free Quote, Contact Us, Make a Booking, and Free Cost Calculator as main CTAs, with tailoring them to each specific landing page (e.g. Get St Kilda Removalist Quote). Having the CTAs above the fold also significantly improves the conversion rates.
Have a look at some of the SEO implementations on this website:
Above the fold call to actions in SEO strategy
SEO Strategy Company
If you are inspired by this success story and started to think where and how to find an SEO Strategy company, do not look any further. At Spiky SEO, we specialise in developing and implementing SEO strategies for new websites and existing online projects. We offer SEO strategy services for both small businesses and larger companies looking to increase their organic search visibility. We’ll help you grow and develop business value long-term. Talk to us about a successful SEO strategy today!
We at Spiky SEO are far from being the typical SEO strategy agency or even an SEO agency. A typical SEO agency has a large team and your project won’t be managed by one of the op tier managers or even owners. Often, the work itself gets outsourced and you’ll end up with several account managers over the lifetime of the project. This, of course, leads to worse results and dissatisfaction.
That’s why, at Spiky SEO, we as an SEO strategy company guarantees these things:
- The same account manager for the whole project
- Projects are run by one of the company owners / top managers
- We’ll craft a sustainable, actionable and successful SEO Strategy for you
- Thanks to the above, all our projects have outstanding results
Hope to hear from you soon!